Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A 300 bar / 4351 psi booster?

A 300 bar / 4351 psi booster?

As I am getting a few 300 bar bottles in my life I am wondering if there is a booster that would suit to this spec? I find I keep knocking the top 20 bar off them and it's a pain to top up again. Ideas / options?

Cheers,
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Peter L View Post
    As I am getting a few 300 bar bottles in my life I am wondering if there is a booster that would suit to this spec? I find I keep knocking the top 20 bar off them and it's a pain to top up again. Ideas / options?

Cheers,
    P
    If you're only using 20 bar is it worth topping them?

Quote Originally Posted by South West Diving View Post
    If you're only using 20 bar is it worth topping them?
    It is if the dive shop wants to charge me a full fill price for a 8/60 and this is a 12L bail out. I don't have a compressor at the mo and even blending the last 20 bar is a thought I don't want to think about.

This is the second 'less than helpful email' from you today....
    Last edited by Peter L; September 27th, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

I really donīt understand nigher why it would be necessary to boost 20bar on a 300bar bottle? Why donīt you just use more before topping them off?

Quote Originally Posted by erikradstrom View Post
    I really donīt understand nigher why it would be necessary to boost 20bar on a 300bar bottle? Why donīt you just use more before topping them off?
    BAIL OUT

One does not want to use any at all....

Process is gas regs up, take a test breath, jump in, get out, gas down, repeat until your 30 bar short then start wanting to get that 30 back again....

No actual use is needed or desired thanks!

It is if the dive shop wants to charge me a full fill price for a 8/60 and this is a 12L bail out. I don't have a compressor at the mo and even blending the last 20 bar is a thought I don't want to think about.
    Haskel AG-30 or similar. open wallet, stand well back and watch the money fly out. of course you then need a big LP compressor or smaller HP compressor and air bank to run it off. Boosters aren't about saving money. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere a much cheaper alternative is to frequent a more honest, sensible shop that will only charge for the gas they put in.

mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ferguson View Post
    Haskel AG-30 or similar. open wallet, stand well back and watch the money fly out. of course you then need a big LP compressor or smaller HP compressor and air bank to run it off. Boosters aren't about saving money. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere a much cheaper alternative is to frequent a more honest, sensible shop that will only charge for the gas they put in.

mike
    Impeccable logic all round. My problem is that I end up doing 2 x 20 mile round trips for any mix fills and both stores that do mix are not 'ideal' and charge as above. I already have a small booster but only good for 215 bar.

AOC-1/1-9512 600 bar, 10 bar inlet, 3:1 ratio:

High Pressure Gas Boosters. AOC - air operated model

Quote Originally Posted by matthewoutram View Post
    AOC-1/1-9512 600 bar, 10 bar inlet, 3:1 ratio:
    Thank you!!!!

Cheers,
    P
    Exactly what I do with my HI two stage booster. My Dil, O2 are all 300 bar and I am moving to 300bar B/out as well.

The model is 5G-T6-14/30-0 - max output 9,000PSI. I was lucky, I got this one for 5 grand kiwi - I understand they are a lot more than that.

Cheers

Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information